Ok, so I'm 8 months pregnant, on doctor ordered take-it-easy time, and just received a couple of awesome Christmas gifts. The snow is flying and I have cabin fever. I'm itching to get out there so I'm amusing myself today by making a new day trip kit, specially designed for the preggo who can't carry much or go very far off the pavement. With a little luck, I'll test dive it over the next couple of days, by at least having a brew up.

Pack: High Sierra (no idea what model but it's really basic)
Boo Boo Kit (not shown)
Lanyard (not shown: Fox 40, ferro, LED, mini multi-tool)

Sharps: Fixed blade, Bacho Laplander

Fire Kit: LM folder, mini bic, SA matches (in Tylenol container), tea light, lip balm, hoof fungus, jute twine, lamp wick, small buck-style folder
>>> in med bottle: birch bark, pine chips, pine pitch and cotton balls

EDIT: this kit (minus the LM folder and a bic) are now back in the tea tin. which I intend to try to make char cloth in (using the lamp wick)

Shelter Kit: clear drop cloth, mylar blanket, nylon cord, emerg poncho and 2 x contractors bags (not shown)
>>> adding foam sit pad

Water and Cooking Kit: GI canteen & canteen cup, GSI tea kettle, esbit stove & tabs, bandana

EDIT: The LM folder and a mini bic are now stowed in the kettle, along with the fixings for a brew up.

Light: 3XAAA LED

Food/Drink: tea(3)/coffee(2)/instant apple cider(2) in zip lock (3) MRE hot chocolate, tuna & crackers, MRE spoon

EDIT: the tea & coffee are now in their ziplock bag inside the kettle, inside of the fire kit being stowed in there.

Everything on the black mesh bag, fits in the black mesh bag, and it all goes into the GSI kettle, along with the esbit stove.

Any suggestions to make it better/lighter?

Edited by bacpacjac (12/31/12 02:04 AM)

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA