I'm six months pregnant now, making the public transit trek to Toronto (a good 60kms or so one way) every two weeks, and it's seasonal switch-over time. Temps are going below zero overnight now, and are anywhere between single digits and high teens during the day, with sun, rain, wind and frost. My weight tolerance is getting lower but my needs a little higher. I've been adjusting my EDC load as I go and could use your help winterizing it. It's significantly light today than it was when I first posted but now needs a winter warm-up.

The most likely scenario I'm prepping for is a breakdown of public transit between the hospital and my Jeep, that gets parked on the outskirts of the city. If I get stuck at the hospital or my Jeep, I figure I'll have enough resources available unless TS really HTF.

This is one view inside my EDC backpack - the tools pocket, if you will. LMWave (with fire steel and maglite solitare in sheath), AAAx3 LED, LED glow stick, bic, kleenex, wipes, lip balm, bandana, pen, TUMS, mylar blanket, emerg poncho.

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h351/backpackjac/IMG_0865.jpg

The bag also contains: my wallet with cash/coins/credit/id/emerg contact info/calling card/etc, 2 days worth of prescription meds, 2L nalgene, 3 or 4 cliff/granola bars, spare socks and unders, wool hat and mitts, medical paperwork and id, Toronto tourism map with contact info, silk sleeping bag liner, FAK, mp3 player with FM tuner, sunglasses, prescription glasses and a gortex jacket. I've also been taking my tablet or kindle, cel phone and chargers on these trips. My edc keychain also gets thrown in there. (keys, SAK, micro photon, Fox 40, paracord lanyard, Streamlite Nano)

Obviously, the clothing I wear is my first line of defence against the weather. I dress for the worse likely weather, which means I'll likely be wearing the jacket more and more. I'd like to swap it out for something warmer, and possibly lighter. I've got a wonderful primaloft jacket but I've outgrown it so am on the hunt for a budget-friendly substitute. A lined fleece jacket perhaps?

I'm also thinking of switching the nalgene to a 1l version and adding a small insulated bottle/thermos for hot drinks. I'm going to throw in some chem pocket warmers and microPUR tabs as well.

Any other suggestions?

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA