Hi people,

Just thought I'd share.
Since most of us already EDC a multitool (i.e. leatherman, mine is an old SOG Powerplier), how about adding one more function to the tool?
I don't know if anyone else has come up with this idea, but I thought myself rather clever for dreaming this one up..
I added rubber tubing and a separate leather strip cut to size to my EDC pouch. You may have tubing and pouch already lashed together, set up for quick deployment or keep them separate* (see explanation below)
In the field I can turn this into a slingshot in a few minutes, utilizing the legs of the pliers as the fork.
This may or may not give you options in a SHTF situation for catching small game or fish and maybe selfdefense.
So for very little cost and added weight you can add a valuable component to your multitool.
*Also, in most parts of the world it's perfectly legal to own rubber tubing (or flatband) as well as a strip of leather. Multitools are not considered weapons eather. As long as the 3 components are not combined we're not talking slingshots, yet. So in countries where slingshots are outlawed you may still have the option to catch your food in an emergency if need be.

ATB,
Pharaoh.