Hi folks, I don't know if this is the right place for this thread so mods please feel free to move it if necessary.

I know this could get quite political on the causes but all I'm looking for practical information to ride out a collapse.

After hearing from extended family living in france and looking throught a LOT of news articles from reputable sources & news agencies, including a report from the Bank of England a collapse of the Euro is looking more and more certain.

Even though my family lives in the U.K and are not part of the single currancy, our economy is tied very heavily throught trade with the rest of europe. We are getting very concerned about how this could pan out.

As we live in a rural area about 10-15 miles from the nearest town we tend to keep a small stock in the cuboards, enough for a month . If things were to get very serious for longer period what essentials would you stock up on. As most stores now only seem concerned about stocking Christmas items at present here in U.K .

Many thanks for your time.