Since there seems to be a river crossing scenario in the forum presently that allows for few options other than act of Congress, alien abduction, profound miracle or probable death, I thought I would introduce one of my own.

Scenario: Your only way home is your vehicle parked safely on high ground across the street from a small puddle in a mixed concrete and asphalt jungle. None of the sign posts near the puddle are more than 10 feet tall and most are much shorter.

The puddle has unexpectedly flooded to about 12 inches across, more than ½” deep in the middle, and is gradually stagnating. Occasional cigarette butts float in the middle, some hanging up on candy wrappers.

You are surrounded by people.

Strategies that circumstances have forced you to reject: waiting it out, calling a cab, hiking upstream, purchasing a latte, diverting the puddle, or using explosives [Blast].

You have 50 cents and a Cliff Bar, and know how to make flapping movements with your arms. You have your EDC and PSK, but no other camping or woodcraft tools.

You are in danger of being splashed.

What are the options you consider? Of those options, what do you try first?

I would be inclined to step over it but I would like to hear what the others might do?