I've been thinking about solutions to the $5PSK question, particularly dealing with youth groups that may not have a lot of woodscraft experience...in my Scouting days my fire building fear was the transition from lit match to ignition of small kindling...we didn't use tinder in the form of cotton/lint as such, but resinated pine stumps provided "lighter pine" which I guess is now called fat wood.. and sandwiched a small amount of lighter pine with the strike anywhere match to provide a sustained flame

If you cut a section of corrugated cardboard about 1/4 inch shorter than a strike anywhere match (the match will fit into the channels of the cardboard) and thouroughly saturate it in melted paraffin which provides both fuel and waterproofing, quickly cool, and cut into 4 channel strips...insert two waterproofed matches into the center channels to the depth of the base of the match head, hold by the protruding match stems.. the ignition temp of two match heads improves the probability of success in stressful situations....the channels provede additional surface area