link

A few tidbits will give you the gist of what went wrong.

Quote:
A Colorado woman who took a day trip to the Rocky Mountains to clear her head ended up spending 11 days in the wilderness with no food, medicine or shoes.

Kelly Guzman, 45, of Denver was expected to be released from a hospital today after treatment for frostbite and hypothermia. When found by searchers Sunday in the Arapahoe National Forest, she was barefoot and wearing only shorts and a fleece top.

Quote:
Guzman's bad luck began on June 8, when she was cited for driving under the influence of drugs. Ashford said his wife, who uses medical marijuana, retrieved her vehicle the next day, then said she wanted to go away to clear her head.

Quote:
Johnson said the road was built up about four feet higher than the creek. "For some reason she drove right into it," he said, speculating that Guzman was driving at night and couldn't properly see the road.

He is being nice and not saying what everyone reading the story is going to know really happened.

Quote:
"All she had to do was backtrack out, but sitting for three days with no food, drinking only stream water, she was disoriented," Ashford said. "She kept thinking she would see a house or cabin. She would get sidetracked. "

I guess if there is a moral to this story is that driving under the influence of pot can get you into deep trouble, just as driving under the influence of alcohol can, or hiking under the influence for that matter.

Bob