I have a USGI canteen and the stainless steel canteen cup in the A.L.I.C.E. cover and it ,to me is not too bulky or heavy. although i havent been able to experiment with lighter altermatives. The quality is good, although i do not like the resenous gunk the Esbit tabs leave behind on the cup. i have seen and am thinking about getting a soft plastic canteen and was wondering if anyone has been able to use one of these? I will later post my whole military setup BOB. another issue most people have is the 4 pound wool military blanket, too heavy? i think it adds less bulk than a sleeping bag and is more efficient.

Well i bought my first blast match and have never had trouble with it!! i have used it in the freezing cold, rain, snow, and frozen ground. it lit everything i wanted it to, even slightly damp dead grass!

well i hope to get an honest opinion of the equipment in my BOB and a good lighter equivilant (sp?) of the equipment. I do have a relly major budget restraint until 3/15!! so, thanks everyone!!

Edited by sybert777 (01/26/10 12:51 PM)