Good morning all, hope everyone is recovering well from the candy overload from yesterday!
I live in a small ex-military community, and as a result, we have a large Korean population. There are 3 korean markets, and two korean restaurants in my town. I have shopped at the markets a couple times, and I was just eating a version of their ramen, and I thought to myself "this would be a GREAT place to stock up on on storage food!" There are a lot of dried foods, spices, crackers, cookies, all kinds of stuff, that is intended for long term storage. Some of my purchases have been culinary adventures, as I can neither speak, or, more importantly, read korean. One of the stores even sells basic goods like blankets, pillows, towels, and daypacks.
I got to wondering if other ETS members have looked into these little gems within their community for long term foods? The prices are cheap, the choices are wide, the flavor is outstanding, and I get to try new & interesting foods all the time. Has anyone else out there visited ethnic markets for their shopping needs, and had similar positive experiences?