From time to time my wife will see something that she thinks I would like and picks it up for me. I will say that over the years she has done well and picked up quality goods. Last week she got me a Coghlan's Pocket Saw, now she did say that she was not to sure about it but is was cheap so she figured it was no great loss if it was crap.
I have been looking for a small saw solution and had already figured that the Coghlan's Pocket Saw was not worth the few bucks they go for but since she got it I thought what the hell I will test it out.
I also decided to try out something I had put together also. A folding drywall saw that takes reciprocating saw blades that I had but I pruning blade in I had thought it may be better than the Fiskers/Gerber folding saws that seem rather cheaply made these days.
Anyway I went out in our back yard and selected a 1" dia. branch on an oak tree for the test.
first up was the Coghlan's Pocket Saw
from the start it was smoking and not cutting very well at all just when I thought it may work as a fire starter it broke it did not even cut 1/4 of the way thru.

Next up was the home brew pack saw it works great it cut thru the branch in less than 30 seconds now all I have to do is cut down the blade some so it does not stack out when folded

Attachments
saw.jpg