Well, the past several days have brought our first major storm of the season (and hopefully last). We have had very heavy rains from the thunder storms leading to flooding and property damage. The first day of rain was pretty severe. We had up to 17 inches of rain over night with the heaviest rate of over 4 inches per hour. If I recall the newscast correctly, the storm was supposed to even bring 3-5 inches of snow to Mauna Kea.

My wife summed it up by saying, "I am glad we aren't out camping this weekend!" Yeah, I concur.

Here are some pictures from the local news...

As you can see, our roads were pretty beat up. We have had some power outages and traffic lights fail. So the combination makes driving less than stellar right now. We have had some property damage as well. Fortunately for us, we live up a hill and our property drains well so we have been spared any major flooding and water damage.

As you can see from the last picture, we usually take it in stride and make the most of it. Those kids aren't in the ocean. All beaches are closed right now. They are in a field next to a school.

I hope everyone in Hawaii is faring well despite the weather.

Malama Pono.