Multi-tool? Check.
Good folding knife? Check.
Pocket Survival Pack? Check.
First Aid Kit?
Duct-tape?
Flashlight?
Fire-starting tools?
Bandana or hankie?
Collapsible water bottle? And purification tablets?

Check, check, check, and... you get the idea, guys!

My point is, we all know to carry the "essentials" whether its in our EDC or pocket survival kits. But does anybody think about or already have the "odds and ends" (little items that are overlooked at first)? You know, the junk and flotsam that just might come in handy later?

I was making a little sojurn to the dollar store right down the street from me, just for something to do. I came across a bunch of displays and I purchased several add-water-to-expand washcloths (they're like regular washcloths, not the thin ones you get at WallyWorld), some rolls of Necco Wafers (they don't melt in your glovebox or your desk drawer, heh heh heh), a floating keychain, and some other little trinkets.

I put one of the washcloths in my survival kit (contained in a Case Logic portable hard drive case, BIG THANKS to whoever made the post about that first!), a roll of Necco Wafers in my glove box, and clipped the keychain to my carabiner, although I doubt it would float with some of the weight (but the day-glo color could be easy to see through shallow water).

With this little story told, what kind of "odds and ends" that are off the suggested carry list do you guys have in your EDC's or kits - that have come in handy? I'd love to hear some of your ideas and suggestions. Because you can't have enough junk rattling around in your pockets! laugh