For years I have recommended Anza knives to anyone looking for a good knife, so since I know every one here is always looking for a good knife I decided to do a review of the knives I carry in the field. I am I no way affiliated with Anza.

Anza knives are all made hand made from high carbon files and rasps in El Cajon Ca.
I have owned and used Anza knives for just over 15 years, they have bee used in almost every environment imaginable in the U.S. I have carried them from the swamps of Louisiana, the deserts of Arizona, to the mountains of Colorado. My normal user is a model 107 which is no longer made (right) the blade is just over 7 inches and 12 inches over all. It came to me sharp enough to shave. The blade is high carbon and if not cared for will rust. They hold their edge very well and are a breeze to maintain an edge on. I have skinned, and butchered almost everything from rabbit to elk with this knife and I have never needed to do more than run it across a fine ceramic rod to bring it back to where it shaves hair. All of the knives I own are full tang with Dymondwood scales bonded to the metal. Being hand made each knife is slightly different from all the rest of the knives of the same model and all Anza knives retain some of the teeth from the file or rasp the were made from. All new factory knives are required to be edge hardened, but Anza’s are considered custom knives and are not edge hardened so you will be able to sharpen the knife with the same results as long as there is steel instead of having to replace after a few years of heavy use. Each knife comes with a leather sheath.
Pros
Tough, I am hard on my equipment and mine have survived me for over 15 years.
They hold an edge and are easy to sharpen if you do let them get dull.
Not edge hardened (at least for me)
Price, most plain Anza’s are cheaper than most factory knives for as good and in many cases better quality.
Unique, each knife is unique in itself while maintaining model style and quality
Cons
Scales are glued (I prefer riveted)
The leather sheaths are pretty generic and IMHO do not keep the knife secure. I have replaced all of mine except the newest one.

http://store.anzaknivesonline.com/prostores/servlet/StoreFront