I bought my first new truck a several months ago.(a Dodge Ram 4X4 Quad Cab HEMI) There are a lot of advantages to having a 4x4 Truck in an emergency. Fuel economy however, is not at the top of this list. As my truck is the single most important piece of equipment in my bug out gear I wish to store a little more fuel than I usually do. Where I live there is little chance of having to evacuate. Unlike our friends in the USA we do not have huge hurricanes or earthquakes and the like here in Alberta. There is no current risk of floods or forest fire where I am currently living. Although most of my mentality is geared toward bugging IN upon the event of an emergency, there is always some possibility of having to leave in a hurry. I am looking to store at least 200L of gasoline for my truck to give me 2 more full tanks of fuel while on the road. This will up the total distance that I can travel considerably. I am also looking to store an additional 200L for using my gas generator. Do to space constraints, this is all the available space I have for the storage of fuel. I have searched through the old posts and have not come up with anything of much use. Normally I cycle each container by fuelling my truck, and then filling up the cans fresh at the pumps. Quite honestly though, It is becoming a real pain to do it that way.

What I would like to know is:
1. What is the best type of stabilizer to add to gasoline for long term storage ?
2. How long will Gasoline store with added stabilizers ?
3. Are there any ill effects of such ?
4. Am I better off sucking it up and just keep doing what I am doing ?

Any info on this is much appreciated. Thanks.
Mac