Here is my current EDC:

I never use the lighter since I don't smoke, and I have been thinking of not carrying it, but haven't stopped yet because it reminds me to keep thinking of finishing my PSK.
The photon is a red covert (notice the sheath around the bulb) which often comes in handy. It's surprising how little a light it takes to function in complete darkness.
The cell phone usually only comes with me when I drive (for emergency AAA contact), which I haven't done since 2005 except for a few miles, but I might start carrying it with me wherever since I am paying for it and all my minutes will otherwise go to waste.
The Fisher space pen is nice as it has a stylus at one end, though I don't have need of a stylus. It is a good point thought for self-defense if it comes to that.
I use the memo pad as a mini-phonebook, and I use it often to jot down ideas and names of books that come up in conversations.
The WileyX sunglasses are a must, as I am light-sensitive, which means I get migraines sometimes even at the slightest reflected automobile glare.
Plenty of cash for burritos at the Mexican truck, and a buy-six-get-one-free card. I am half-way there.
The wallet is a shark-bite, so no annoying velcro rip sound, which makes me start to shape-shift.
The Victorinox often comes in handy, as can easily be imagined. It always amazes me how so much can be done with something so little. I have had it for about 25 years.