As a medic, I am routinely asked for medical information on a regular basis. I have referred some of my coworkers to this source but have had a brain fart and realized that I don't think I've referred ETS people to it....sorry....

Several of the hospitals that I frequent have 'medical libraries'. Not only are they a great source of definitive medical information (just ask the medical librarian for somed help if you have trouble finding stuff---they have access to some things you never knew exsisted).....but these hospitals also get rid of 'old' stuff too!

For a specific example....They will sell last years PDR for $15. For those who do not know....it is the Physicians Desk Reference (PDR) It has EVERYTHING you wanted to know about the medicines you take.

How it is supplied....Dosages....effectiveness... It normally costs anywhere from $95-135! Idf you don't mind one that is 2-3 years old then I've seen them for $5. They will also have 'summer specials' of a 'BUCK a BOOK'. I've gotten a 2 year old PDR for $1!!!! Granted some may say something like...how good can a 3 year old PDR be? Well for the most recent 'cutting edge' medicines.....you wouldn't have them. But for the ususal drugs we have and use day to day..it is a great reference. They also have books on nursing care (think longer term care than just first aid) as well as many other types.

Now granted there are books on subjects that (not only do I not have interest in....but hope I never see the subject of it....like pediatric urological cancers) and others like it....they are so far over my head that I can't even understand the synopsis let alone the text.

Hope this helps.