A friend who has a brother at the EPA told me that the government just issued another warning about the compound dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO). This issue should be taken VERY seriously by anyone venturing into the outdoors today. DHMO is colorless, tasteless, and CAN NOT be filtered out or neutralized with chemicals.

According to my friend's brother, the EPA continues to find DHMO in record amounts in rivers, streams, and even in rainfall. DHMO was one of the largest chemical compounds found during the flooding in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, and is still found in nearly all of the affected areas - something I can personally attest to. Factories, sewerage treatment plants, and even cars release millions of gallons DHMO into the environment yearly. It is in the food chain, and it has been detected in every one of the world's oceans. It only takes a few ounces to kill a human, and DHMO has been conclusively linked to hundreds of deaths in the US each year.

I urge everyone at ETS to see this video about dihydrogen monoxide, and a petition drive to have it banned.

Have a great day today!

.....CLIFF

UPDATE: 2 April (or, 33 March) - OK, it was revealed to me last night that the whole DHMO thing is a joke. A hoax. I had no idea. I feel so embarrassed. DHMO is, in fact good for you! They even sell it in stores! Who knew?!? I mean, I’m an LSU grad - but I guess that’s only a partial excuse. April Fool’s is over, so let’s stop commenting here and get back to discussing things survivish. I hope this will be DHMO under the bridge now, and we will return to trading, and commenting on, lists of all the stuff we hamster into our pockets, packs and cars. Oh, and can we keep my faux pas our little secret? I have a reputation to maintain, you know.

.....CLIFF

Edited by cliff (04/02/07 06:43 PM)