A few months ago I watched my mother-in-law crochet with some yarn. I wondered if I could do the same thing with paracord, making it easier to store. Later I found a how-to book at the library, then bought a crochet hook and tried some simple chains/stitches. After some practice I could it with even stitches (it helps that you can pull the paracord really tight while crocheting, you can't do that with yarn). I also discovered that I ccould unravel the stitches, which means that a square of crocheted paracord can be easily stored, and easily unraveled when needed. I've now made a few of these for various kits and around the shop. So far it works ok for long-term storage and easy retrival.

Here is an example from my car kit: 100 feet orange 4-strand paracord that is in a 7"x8" square.

Larger Size Image - Orange

Here is my latest one: 100 feet of grey 7-strand paracord that is in a 14"x4" rectangle (the photocaption says 7", sorry) that fits in the bottom of the bladder pocket in my TAD Gen2 FAST pack.

Large Size Image - Grey

I'm sorry if the pictures are not clear enough, I'm still learning about taking and posting digital pictures.