I've noticed that on this forum there seems to be a trend towards multiple cartridge guns. I've seen the .45/.410 combos, the .22/410 combos, and several others. I found one that I like alot although it doesn't shoot shotgun rounds, it will shoot the more popular pistol rounds. The Medusa will chamber and fire .38, 9mm, and .357 all in the same cylinder. I think this is a nice gun just due to the variety of rounds it will chamber and the fact that they are all readily availbable. This gun allows a person to target shoot with cheaper ammo, then swap over to a more powerful round with no modification. Just chamber whatever round suits your fancy. For small game it would be a good choice although the range is more limited than a rifle. I think the compact size would make it more packable thus more handy to have. Also it might be a handy thing to keep on hand in bear country. Take a rabbit for lunch, then, just cycling the next round, fend off a small bear or some other smaller predator. I don't know how effective it would be on a bear, but I know it will stop a wolf or coyote. So what is the consensus on this one? I've always been partial to wheel guns myself since they don't fail as often as semi-autos do. Maybe I am just biased. I forgot to post a link to it.
http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Revolvers/Medusa_Model_47.htm

Edited by Boacrow (09/09/06 05:23 AM)