I came across this the following in a blog while doing a search about alcohol stoves.

"Cheese Puffs: The ubiquitous solid fuel tablet.

Sold as Ch****s Puffs or a thousand other off-brands, the unique chemical makeup of preservatives, oil and chemical cheese powder make cheese puff snacks an excellent improvised fuel source, producing a bright, long lasting flame and ten poofs can boil a beer can full of water. They can be burned in any empty can or a small wood stove and reduce to dust and a suspicious looking residue on the bottom of your pan. Probably carcinogenic, I would suspect Ch****s to be the most poisonous of camp fuels. If you should accidentally ingest one, contact a ranger station immediately. I’m not joking, try burning cheesy poofs. It has to be the poofy kind, the mini cheese walking sticks won’t cut it. @5500 BTU/Lb"

I just had to try this one so on the way home from work I picked up a bag of the name-brand cheese puffs. I put two puffs in a metal pan and lit one more in my hand. I only took about five seconds for the puff to catch fire. I laid it on top of the other two and all three burned for about two minutes! They didn't burn into a dust but did leave a liquid residue in the bottom of the pan. What's in these things!!