Saw this (pictures below) at the local Giant Eagle (mega grocery) and just picked it up for the novelty factor. Thought some people might enjoy seeing it for whatever reason. The 6" x 2" tube contains a 4 oz water packet, whistle, unwrapped light stick, painter's mask and velcro to attach it to the underside of a table (seems to be part of a marketing gimmick).

Certainly not very useful. Guessing it's something they had created, had leftovers of and decided to sell ($5.99 US - "Special price"), especially since the print on the tube shows an expiration of March 06 (interesting in that the if you look closely at the bottom of the water packet in the thid picture, it's expiration of the water is 01/06).

For what the kit lacks in components (quantity and quality), I thought it most interesting that at least the printing on the tube (see last picture) shows five icons labeled:

Make a Plan
Build a Kit
Get Trained
Volunteer
Give Blood.

At least it's hard to argue with that. Guessing it may not really be meant to be of great help (though almost always something is better than nothing), it could serve to catch someone's attention and get them thinking. OTHO, I believe the concern here would be that someone picks up one or two of these thinking they are prepared.

Maybe the tube will come in handy.

Just wondering if anyone has seen these or has thoughts about it.

I have no interest in or affiliation to any of the products or services I may mention. Should I ever, I will clearly state so.