I got my PSP at last and I like it.

I have questions about the compass though. I walked from the store (I live close to it) and it took me about 20 min at a temperature of -10° C (14° F) so the compass developed a bubble which disappeared in my apartment at room temperature. I am concerned about liquid compasses used in the field at extreme temperatures. Wouldn't they become completely frozen? I have an eye on the brass Pyser-SGI FB-1605 15mm dry NATO compass sold by TADgear but it would cost me at least twice as much money as the whole PSP. So I have to make sure that it would work in extreme temperatures like -40° C/F (That's the idea).

By the way I'm curious to know what brand it is. All it says is "made in China". I checked out the Sun Company web site http://www.suncompany.net/ and they are a lot alike except that the dial isn't luminous, is it? Does your experience tell you that a luminous dial is a useful feature?

I like the Spark-Lite which is orange in color as expected. I lit up a coton ball in no time. No problems. I'm still wondering if I can find Spark-Lites separately in Canada. And NATO matches for that matter. I'd like to have some but I don't want to bother ordering them every time from the US because matches are "deteriorating items" and I would prefer them to be easily found and purchased.

Thank you