Let's start a discussion/rant about knives. Premise 1) a single knife (knife blade only, forget multitools and SAKs for this argument)for camping and survival. 2)not combat, hand-to-hand, survivalism.
..>> Here's my argument:
1) A small to mid size folder like the Ritter Benchmade
2) Locking
3) Any blade configuration you like, as long as it is a folder!
So Let's argue this point:
FIXED BLADE KNIVES, particularly the larger ones, MAKE NO SENSE AND OFFER NO ADVANTAGE (quick.. duck.. here comes a rant).
In a survival situation (not homesteading) you don't need more than a good folder.You're going to burn up more energy than you need to expend hacking at sticks and limbs any bigger than you could break over your knee. You're going to increase the chances of an injury. You're not going to dig holes or mine copper with your fixed blade, anyway. Just "mostly whittle" if you're smart/careful.

Aside from the observation that they look cool (I own many premium custom fixed blade knives, so I'm not underendowed.. in that arena...), tell me something you need a fixed blade knife for in the camping/survival situation.. that couldn't be done with the folder..that should be done in a camping/survival situation. "Should be done" as in.. let's not build suspension bridges or log cabins..