While not as experienced as some here, I thought I'd share some recent experience with saws. <br><br>Gathering wood around the place for future fires seemed a percect opportunity to do practical evals on some of my toys. The timber was about 3" diameter and both hard and soft. <br> <br>BCB Commando saw - It will cut but slow. It has a tendency to bind when used with the finger rings. A green branch was pushed between the rings to fake a bow saw. In this mode, it was slower but easier, with less binding. It tended to bounce a bit though.<br><br>Glock Folding Shovel w/ saw - Attached to the handle, it's very uncomfortable, and the telescoping handle does just that - it telescopes in and out with annoying regularity. I tried just holding the saw itself with acceptable results, but it's a bit dangerous. I wouldn't want to try it in less than optimun conditions.<br><br>Gerber Legend - Yes, I too occasionally suffer from Newer, Better, Shinier Disease. This is a classic case. The Rem-Grit saw quickly clogged and was about useless. It's not really easy to unclog, so I thought "What the hell" and dug out my 14 year old<br><br>Victorinox Swiss Army Camper - no longer made, but the SAK Fieldmaster is close. No, the blade doesn't lock, but otherwise a joy. It cuts well, although it seems slower in softer woods. The blade would start to clog, but just wiping it on the bark or your jeans cleaned the shavings out. My pick of the litter. <br><br>Result - The Legend is out and my old SAK is in my pocket. It is half the weight at 4 1/4 oz. (weight watchers scale), and I am finding it much more useful. The saw is better, and for everyday tasks so are the scissors (IMHO). It has an acceptable file, stitching awl, tweezers and my toothpick. I wish it would lock, and had a better main blade. That's why it's partnered with an A G Russel Featherlite. <br><br>Let me know what y'all think. You may fire when ready, Gridleys...