I made a kit in a small sized altoids tin (not the usual one, but the next size down). It's contents are:
1. Tin with polished lid
2. A few feet of picture wire
3. A small card with personal information
4. A small card with simple survival info
5. A wet compass
6. 2 little pieces of natural fiber rope
7. A small piece of fatwood
8. A few feet of spiderwire
9. Two different sized saftey pins
10. A needle and thread
11. A scraper style razor blade
12. two x-acto blades
13. a band-aid
14. A lantern sparker I modefied to be as small as possible
15. vaseline impregnated cotten tinder
16. Electrical tape sealing the kit

What else should I add? I am thinking some fishhooks should be added, what else do I need? I keep it in the pocketwatch pocket of my jeans and it is designed to supplement what I normally carry. When I go out into the woods I have a different kit in a regular altoids tin in a belt pouch with a large garbage bag.

BTW, my everyday carry items are as follows:

1. A Leatherman Wave in a case with an AA maglight (I switch between both regular and LED versions).
2. A light blue bandanna
3. An LG VX6000 cell phone (also is a camera)
4. A zippo lighter
5. A Benchmade 705BT, 720, or 921 folder.
6. A pen or pencil
7. My keys which have a Wenger knife with light that I have modified the file part to be a screwdriver, small wire stripper, and flint scraper. Also on my keychain is a BSA hotspark and modified mini-fox 40.
8. My wallet and badge wallet. The badge wallet has a laminated tinder card and a small metal pice that can be used as an arrowhead or flint striker. My regular wallet has a fresnal lense, a laminated survival info card, two lock picks and two tension wrenches, a brass money clip, as well as all the other stuff kept in a wallet.