12 years ago the Rochester area was hit with an ice storm,500 million in damage,we lost power for 11 days.

Flash forward,last Wed.night Thur.morning we get another one.150,000 homes with out power.Guess what? Lines at stores,genorators sold out in minutes,basements flood etc.

Short memories huh?

Myself? I was brushing my teeth when we lost power,I pulled out my surefire from my pocket and finished brushing (even flossed)went downstairs and turned on our gas fireplace and got out battery opperated lights and oil lamps.My wife was busy hanging sheets over some doorways to close off some of the downstairs and I then got out our camp stove and a dozen of those little propane tanks for the stove and a small propane heater.

Got out a battey opperated radio with tv channels and turned it on.Had a gin and tonic,listened to the tv by the warm fire.

My sump pump runs a lot in the spring,but I got a back up that doesn't use electric,it ran every few minutes for 3 straight days.

We stayed warm,dry and happy.I was quite pleased my plans and equipment covered all the bases,while others drove around looking for sumps,batteries,space heaters etc.

It justs blows my mind so few think ahead.