Hi All,<br><br>Caught the tail end of a news broadcast on TV the other night, seems that recently a guy was rescued after having stayed alive 2 months after being dismasted in the Atlantic. <br><br>My impression is that he was rescued somewhere in mid Atlantic (north of Bermuda?) I may not have gotten these details correct though. <br><br>Haven't seen much else on this as yet, just caught a small portion of the TV interview, the guy was definitely in a tight spot, he appeared to be "skin & bones" in the interview. <br><br>One thing that struck me is the mental impact that it takes to survive that long (solo, mid ocean etc.) <br><br>I'm curious as to the thoughts of Doug / Chris and others on the forum regarding this event. Has anyone heard any more of the details that led to this unfortunate event and how this guy made it out? What he did / didn't do, either right and/or wrong?<br><br>In any event, it certainly appears that he was extremely lucky. Just wondered how much of his good luck was due to preparedness / planning etc.<br><br>Best Regards,<br>Comanche7

Edited by Comanche7 (10/06/02 07:11 PM)