I’ve purchased (eBay) something described as a “pilot’s survival tarp”, apparently Desert Storm vintage, green or gray or greenish-gray (hard to tell on the photos) on one side, yellow on the other, with printing on the yellow side. <br><br>It says it’s 7’ x 11’, waterproofed nylon, and for the price I paid I can hardly lose, if that much is true- I paid about what a plastic tube tent costs (while another one, in worse shape, was being auctioned for much more- eBay is like that), and I’m hoping that’s what this will replace in my vehicle kit (I prefer a tarp to a tube tent anyway).<br><br>Has anyone had experience with these? I gather it’s pretty lightweight, but don’t have a feel for how sturdy it may or may not be- there appear to be small grommets in the edges, but small enough to leave some doubt as to their holding. Also- typical urethane coatings are transparent… the fact that this is gray on one side and yellow on the other makes me suspect that there’s something else going on.<br><br>Any info would be welcome.<br><br><br>