Elsewhere, I posted a link to one man's account of trek through Nepal with a group. He had an attitude of preparedness and it showed in his selection of gear. On the same site as his account is the account of another member of his same group. She had a more laid back attitude that others would provide gear for her. Not to put her down for that, since she was TOLD that by the trek organizers that all she needed would be provided for her. But then, so was he, and he chose to take his own gear, anyway. Reading the articles was quite the eye opener for me. It showed me how important it is to take responsibility for my own preparations, myself. He writes quite a bit about the scenery and the wonderful experience. She writes more of the obstacles and problems encountered and how hard they were to muddle through. That says a lot to me. For anyone interested in reading these accounts, they are by Roger and Elizabeth, linked to from the bottom of the web page at http://website.lineone.net/~gr.gilbertson/travel/travel.htm<br><br>Stay safe,<br>J.T.