How many of you folks use the UCO Original Candle Lantern? I recently bought one based on the myriad rave reviews. I thought it prudent to thoroughly try it out at home before relying on it in the wilds. After burning a box of candles I want to post a few impressions. Overall I like it a lot. The design is better than the execution.

The positives: The thing has worked flawlessly for me. The spring does allow the candle to burn completely down to nothing. There's a wax catcher but there's very little waxy mess- most of it burns. The globe/wind screen works very, very well.

The negatives: You might think I'd list the $1.10 per candle as a downside. However, I don't. They're superb candles and I doubt you could better them for the price. My main issue is that the unit is pretty flimsy. Normally you don't need to completely disassemble it, but when you do you notice how flimsy it really is. So much so that it's tough to reassemble. I'd love to spend 2x or even 3x on a better built version of this lamp.

That said, overall I really do love it. So much so that I'll be buying a few more. But I really wish it was a bit sturdier. If I was borderline-hypothermic, hands shaking, I'm not confident I could put this back together if I had to break it down to work on it.

What do you all think of the UCO lantern?