Do you have a food kit in your vehicle(s) or looked at it lately?

Went through all the stuff in my car (a periodic habit that reacquaints me with what's in there, where exactly it is, and what could be added or subtracted) and removed some MoJo bars past their sell-by date. Also took out the old soup and put it in my kitchen cabinet to be consumed this winter.

Now have in the car (Honda Element) a Lock & Lock container filled with Lipton Cup 'o Noodles packets, energy bars, small jar of crunchy peanut butter, peanut butter-cheese crackers, Earl Grey (double bergamot) tea bags and honey sticks. And a few morale-lifting mini-Milky Ways....

My pup has in there a mini-bag of quality kibble (Orijen) and a couple cans of her daily food (Merrick's).

98% of my time is spent inside the Beltway, but this past January an epic snowjam on the GW Parkway (stranded thousands of motorists for 13 hours or more) was a vivid illustration of how you could find yourself in a serious situation smack in the middle of civilization.

That was just a few miles from my home but while I was cozy and warm during the modest snowstorm, thousands were stuck on that road wishing they'd gassed up and had something, anything, to eat and drink.

The situation would obviously be exponentially more serious if you were stranded by yourself for days out in the boonies.

Nice to have something to cook over the cookstoves many of us have in our vehicles. That Lipton Cup 'o Noodles would be some delightful comfort food in a cold crisis.