Transported a guy recently who did something (IMHO) that was very stupid. He ate two wild mushrooms.....

From looking at the guy and his suroundings, you could tell he was physically fit and the 'outdoor' type. He admitted to being a hiker and gave the air of having the knowledge that he knew what he was doing.....lol... He ended up calling poison control because 2-3 hours before calling 911, he had eaten 2 wild mushrooms that he found (in his yard I believe)and he not had vomiting and diarrhea.

Now from what I remember, People always told you NOT to eat any wild mushrooms....they did allow for one caveat and that was 'unless you were absolutely certain what kind they were'... and even with that statement, they would usually follow it up with something like....but even then it is not a good idea.....don't know what happened to him (ultimately) so can't report on that.....but has the 'instruction' changed?

I have looked into wild edibles and even those I am positive of I have leave me thinking.....is it REALLY safe.....?

I can't stand the texture of mushrooms and can not eat them anyway, but was curious if the instruction has changed at all.....

Edited by CJK (08/23/09 01:53 PM)