Turns out *somebody* borrowed my Fenix LD20 a little while ago and that same person (I'd hesitate to call him an idiot at this point because he's family...) didn't quite know how to switch it on. Long story short, he ended up running the light in turbo mode for like an hour.

Now, the LD20 is not supposed to run on turbo for any more than a few minutes so the LED overheated. It still works but the light output is visibly weaker and there's a yellowish tint to it. Not good.

That Fenix used to be my primary light but it's pretty much ruined now and I can no longer trust it. So I need a replacement. Preferably something in the same price range, just as bright, as robust as possible and IDIOT PROOF. Meaning no crappy turbo mode that can damage the light if left on for too long. It has to run on AA batteries, 2 cells if possible. Also, there must be at least several different light outputs with max. battery life comparable to the LD20.

Any advice? Whatever light I pick I know it won't be a Fenix. Not that the LD20 isn't a nice light, but this turbo mode overheating fiasco is just not acceptable in my book.

Thanks a lot... Now I think I'll go grab a cold beer to calm down a bit. Hell, I hate it when somebody ruins my gear... frown