I was wondering if anyone else here does this. I keep a few hundred bucks and a knife in my right shoe under the insole and a lockpick kit, some paracord line (the inner strands) and some flint/steel under the insole of my left shoe. I know this may sound odd but I try to think of ways I will have useful stuff on me without having to carry bags and such, bags can be dropped, forgotten or left behind. I positioned the items so that except for the knife none of them can even be felt under my foot and the knife is 1/8" thick and barely noticeable. I also keep a photon micro II on my keychain along with a mini leatherman and some other stuff. I figure that as long as I have my shoes on I have some of the basic essentials as well as some cash to cover a room for the night, gas, food or whatever if I am stranded someplace. I try to keep the items as versatile as possible for both urban and wilderness situations.

So anyone else thought about doing or also does this? On my boots I replaced the shoelaces with paracord, any other ideas?