I've been insane busy with work and baby 3.0 and the fire company, so I've not spent as much time in "equippyness" as I'd like.

Fortunately, about a month ago, we had a freak rain storm and got 6.5" of rain in under 2 hours and it flooded my basement, destroying the walls and finished interior. Why "fortunately?" because this was - at long last - the motivation I needed to go back into the emergency kits and supplies and to readjust things to the reality of Baby 3.0. That was a bit of packing and re-packing, and then I did a test camping trip with the older kids, adjusted long-term kit a bit, and that's all fine.

It's the fire company that's been most influential in the kit packing, and a while ago, I posted my non-hypothetical kit that I have in the Jeep at all times. That's not changed much, excepting that I've added a few extra small towels and a cheap Cervical Immobilization Device (CID) to the kit. This was brought on by the fact that we had an ABSURD number of motorcycle wrecks in the area this summer (all in the same exact location, too), and I found myself, time and again, packaging banged up folks for air medical evacuation, and head immobilization is just one of those "must-do" things.

Working in NYC most days has been great, but it's so easy to relax and slip off guard. There was a "white powder" scare at the NY Times Building, directly where I come into the city, and there have been various booms and crashes all year long, including the steam pipe rupture that killed a guy and several crane collapses.

The everyday carry has really matured, and my computer backpack makes a great jumbo EDC bag that's "business acceptable" (and carried my computer and a LOT of extra gear.

One of the most used things in my EDC was a Radioshack portable scanner, which I used to pick up all kinds of handy information. I wish there wasn't so much Digital traffic these days, I can't afford the expensive Digital Scanners, but more and more services are going digital.

Anyway, stocking up where I should, shedding loads where I can. How about you