Hi everyone. I am new here. I have been doing some reading and have a few questions. Thanks in advance for your help. From what I have read, it seems like a great group of people willing to help each other.

Here goes:

1) Are there any other women in this group? smile

2) I can't seem to get my husband to understand that we need to be preparing for hard times ahead - whether that be earthquake, tornado, hurricane, whatever. How can I convince him of this without being a nag?

3) When we have talked about preparedness, the first thing my husband always says is, "Where are we going to store all of these supplies?" That is a good questions for which I don't have an answer. Any suggestions on where to store it and how to transport it if we had to leave home quickly?

4)I have read alot on here about having acreage in the country. We live in a neigbhorhood of about 150 houses with tons of acreage behind us. The acreage is not ours, but the owner lives in another city and wouldn't mind if we hunted on it in an emergency. We live about a mile outside of a city of about 7,000 people. In case of martial law, is it a problem to live this close to other people? We are totally CITY people and know absolutely NOTHING about camping out, wilderness survival, etc. I don't know if my husband or I could cut down a tree safely if we had to. Are we going to be toast in an emergency? How fast could we learn all that we need to know?

Thanks for your help,
Suzie