NOTE: First off I'm not in any way associated with the company, I just like the product...

A long while back I told my story about how I used my mini-notepad and pen, which I always keep as a part of my EDC, to write down the plate number of some jerk who hit a girl he was with at my local store. WELL, I don't know whatever happened with those people. Sorry I can't give you more of an update there... frown

However I DO know that I have a problem with keeping a notepad or even paper scraps in my side pocket. Even after a day or so of being in there they get beat-up, wrinkled, and even torn up, depending on the quality of the paper that's in the notepad. And for a while I was looking for a mini-notebook that had a metal cover to protect it.

Well while I was out the other day looking for a present for someone at a fancy outdoor decoration store I found these at the front counter:

FlipNotes Mini-Notebooks

They come in all kinds of colors and although it's just a tad pricey it's exactly what I was looking for. They've got a built-in pen and once you pull it out the spring-loaded cover comes right open. Just wanted to pass this along for people that have the same problems with notepads that I did...