The topic on vegan survival made me think about my own personal diet more. I have a fairly restricted diet for medical reasons. Basically my doctor told me I could never eat these foods again.

Basically the list of what I can not ever consume is as follows: Any kind of nuts, berries, beans(I'm actually glad I never have to eat tofu again wink ), chocolate, coffee, tea, or milk products(this includes cheese, sour cream, yogurt and what not). Then there's a whole list of things I can only eat occasionally. I won't bore you with that. My diet also restricts what I can drink. Simply put, the only things I can drink are ginger-ale, 7up type drinks, and water. The drinks aren't too much of a problem for me, since I actually enjoy drinking water, and keep a few gallons on hand all the time. But the food restrictions have been maddening at times, especially when my room mate brought back chocolate covered macadamia nuts from Hawaii, they were the size of golf balls! But I digress.

My diet has placed special restrictions on what I can store as food, and also on the importance of storing food. I need to store food, because in an emergency I can't eat those raspberries growing right outside my door. This is a problem for me, since food storage is something I'm lacking in. I'm in a small apartment with roommates, and my sored food consists of a few cans, maybe enough to get me through two days.

I know to store the foods I generally eat, but a lot of them don't have a very good shelf life. I'm looking for some specific advice for someone in my situation.