I think it would be a good idea to have a little food in my car kit or bob. I was thinking candies or mints for a quick pick-me-up or some jerky. But got me thinking... The candy would be sugar high not food energy and the shelf life may be sh*t on jerky or could it spoil with heat/moisture?

I've seen a few ration packs online. Would they be a good solution? They do have long shelf live, vacuum sealed, and high in calories.
But I'm at a loss which one(s) would be best. Will they taste good? Should I worry about protein, fat, or other in an emergency situation?? Are some of them individually packed (each cube)?
If someone knows some more about them or someone using them in their car kit, etc.. I'd like to hear from you.

Usually I keep a (I think 50/60%) wool blanket in my car in a sealed overly large bag but wondering if there are any benefits to replacing with a space blanket, or bivvy bag? Should it be a compliment to my car kit or replace my blanket? Also is it worth spending the extra $10+/- on bivvy than an emergency blanket? Winters here in alt. canada can be -15c/-20c so I'm worried about heat reflectiv(ity ?) and effective temp limits.