Ok, after a long time researching. I finally found a place that sells the airtight flint lighter. They sell these for a $1.88 a piece and it rocks as a survival fire starter. I went and put extra flint in a CVS nitroglycerin tube and lighter fluid in another. It gives the capability of starting fires for quite awhile. It's waterproof to 200 feet and solid. I still have the Swiss army flint rod and a CVS Wallet magnifier lens as backups. In my opinion, caring man made tinder (cotton with Vaseline, dryer lint, etc..) is no difference than carrying a little lighter fluid. It's cheating either way. Cotton with Vaseline, dryer lint, etc. gives a few lights with the lite my fire steel but nothing compared to this. I still keep back ups, but this has excellent potential. I have one on my key chain that I always carry and one in by backpack with 2 big CVS stainless pill holders for fluid and one for flint. It's small and the weight is extremely minimal. I unfortunately paid more before I found this site but even at a higher price, it was still worth ever penny.

Air Tight Flint