Anyone ever handle the Energizer Quick Switch flashlight? A picture can be found here .

For emergency use, the same cheap ($13) flashlight can run on 2 AA, C, or D batteries by simply sliding some switch. Replace the bulb with one of the many LED replacements, and you have a flexible, long-lasting source of light. I, like may ETSers, try to standardize my gear on a single battery type, but that can be a liability if, for whatever reason, you're not able to get your hands on more of that type of battery. Then you're up the creek.

I doubt that this flashlight is sturdy and reliable enough to make it my primary light, but I think the Quick Switcher could make a good backup light. And if kept around for indoor use, it should be OK as a primary light in your typical blackout-type situation at home. I'm sure there are plenty of kitchen drawers out there with a hodge-podge of different batteries in them. Anyway, it gives you some options in a compact, inexpensive package. Any thoughts?

I guess I should say it's "inexpensive" without purchasing an additional replacement LED bulb.

Edited by Arney (10/17/06 08:58 PM)