I'm looking for a knife in the $50-ish to $60-ish online price range, to move up from my $20-ish Kershaw Vapor and Benchmade Mini-Pika (which I think are both great value for the money). I wish to try a Spyderco (because I've never owned this brand before), and was looking for some personal opinions on the Native and Delica4. Both appear to be highly regarded and cost roughly the same. I would also like something that is relatively easy (and fun) to sharpen. I consider the Mini-Pika "easy and fun to sharpen" whereas the Vapor is more of a chore. I don't know if this is 440C vs. AUS6, blade shape, my technique, or some of all of these. (However, the Vapor eats the Mini-Pika's lunch when it comes to ease/smoothness of opening.) From what I can tell, the VG10 vs. S30V on the Spydercos is pretty much a 50-50 personal opinion split. Both steels appear decent based on my online research, not that I know this from personal experience.

Any personal experiences, comments or suggestions welcome. I won't be plunking down $100+ on a knife at this time, so that's not what I'm after. EDC, inexpensive ($50-60-ish), decent quality - that's what I'm shooting for. Most preferably Spyderco - just because I want to give them a try. Thanks!

Edited by haertig (05/07/06 01:21 AM)