Can someone with technical knowledge of hazardous environment certifications comment on the scenario below? I've looked these classifications up but I'm still not sure what they mean in terms of real world situations.

I love my Streamlight Propolymer LED (non-Lux version) as a general, around-the-house flashlight (bought it at Costco before the Lux version came out). I know that some people have had overheating problems with it, but it has worked great for me and I love the broad, even flood that it throws. Perfect for household use IMHO. It sits on my nightstand.

This light has all these certifications: Class I, Division 1,Groups C, D; Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, D; Class II, Division 2, Group G; Class III, T3C. And interestingly, in writing this post, I just found that the 4AA model is also: Permissible for use in Gassy Mines. Methane/air only, but not the 3N or 3C cell models. I have the 4AA model.

So, given this scenario: I live in SoCal, a violent earthquake wakes me in the middle of night and turns my bed into a theme park ride. When the shaking stops, the power is out and it's completely dark. I can smell gas. Can I safely turn on my Streamlight so I can see my way out of there, confident that I won't blow up the building?

I suppose adding some chem light sticks next to the bed might not be a bad idea, too. And maybe replacing my crowbar with a non-sparking titanium one, too! And I should secure this stuff to the bed instead of having them sit on the nightstand so they don't get thrown across the room during a bad one.