My sister and I were talking today about preparedness, of course because of NOLA. I have been contemplating purchasing pocket size 357’s, 22’s single shot 410’s bla, bla, bla for my immediate family so that in the event of an NOLA type situation they could at least keep what they have.

My sister made a great point however. (Please don’t bring the PC thing into this) As a woman she pointed out that she would have a really hard time pulling the trigger. Not to say that I wouldn’t but I think we all know the reality of the gender difference. She said that she would much rather have a bear pepper spray that would virtually incapacitate many people in a close range situation and have no regrets. (She also said she appreciates the fact that her husband carries) I think this is great! It would allow a woman or man for that matter to take the first “shot” without having to weigh the consequences of potential murder charges. I would be much more willing to spray an assailant with pepper and probably avoid all problems immediately rather than risking the consequences of a gun shot. Don’t get me wrong the .44 is in the bag but I really think the bear spray is a great idea of first line of defense for urban survival.

What does your little sister think?

Cameron