I am not in possesion of the full facts regarding the disaster response. I have a great (first hand) appreciation for mobilization, logistics, intel, operations, etc. etc. - specifically w.r.t disaster ops. The scale of this (it was a BIG storm) dwarfs other disasters in recent history and the population density of the affected areas is much higher than it was in, say, 1969. Comparing this to 9/11 is patently absurd - I'm sorry, media, but I am not a moron.

What the heck is going on with all the finger-pointing? Plenty of time for that later. I'm (impatiently) waiting for my call - ARC will call for certain (already told us that) and maybe (if someone figures it out) I will be recalled from retirement for active duty. Meanwhile... I can understand hysteronics from some of the poor victims. I can even understand (however distasteful) the hysteronics from some politicians. But the media? This is irresponsible and IMHO more harmful than helpful. Real life does not happen in 30 minutes with time out for commercials.

I usually refuse to watch TV. I'm about to stop again now, but it's hard to do.

<sigh> OK; got that off my chest...

Tom