I'm just now getting into the GPS craze... I've been researching all night but there's a flood of information out there.

I've been browsing http://gpsinformation.net/ for a little bit now.

I've looked up multiple FAQ's and have determined that not all GPS are created equal and some are better for hiking/outdoor navigation, while others are more specialized for road/automobile travel.

Useage will be for standard outdoor situations like hiking (automobile navigation is a plus, but not absolutely needed). .

After looking at some "What to look for" FAQ's, I've made up a little list summarizing many of the features they consider important for a hiking/geocache capable unit.

-The ability to simultaniously display MGRS and Lon/Lat coordinates in addition to GPS coordinates.
-Color display not a must, but backlight is important for night use. If color display is perferred, a TransReflective color screen is a plus as it allows you to see the screen even in bright daylight where traditional colorscreens may be hard to read.
-Must have Map screen (not just data) and base maps (I assume these are already installed from the manufacturer)
-12 Parallel Channels
-External Antenna Jack option perferred
-Must be able to interface with computer, so it must have both in/out data ports, and be NMEA Compatable
-As such, it should be able to download maps and waypoints from a computer. (useful for updating maps and geocaching instructions). Not just american maps either; I'd like to be able to get my hands on some quality foreign maps if I ever vacation or get deployed if I join the military, so the thing will still be useful.
-8 MB memory minimum. Ability to accept memory expansion cards a plus.
-Water Resistant
-Rocker Keypad (or some equivlant)
-Must be able to accept an external power source to preserve batteries. AC adapter and car adapter a plus.
-20-50 Route Capability
-500+ Waypoints
-Multiple Datums
-Must be able to provide and display a bearing to next waypoint (apparently some models don't? I thought this would be a standard..)

Obviously compactness, accuracy, and battery life are important considerations, but if a unit is a little more bulky to get the features, I don't mind as much.

Is this a pretty good requirement list, or is it asking for way too much? Some units have more features that aren't needed, some units only lack one or two of the above... but I'm trying to do my homework before actually buying one. Price range isn't an absolute consideration right now, but if only the high end $800-1000+ models fulfill the requirements, I might need to consider altering the specifications a little!

As always, a user friendly interface is also a great plus. I know even less about the good software than I do about GPS's at this point!

On a side note, I've even thought of getting a GPS watch, cutting off the arm-bands, and just having that as an ultra small pocket GPS. Probably nowhere near the features listed above, but very compact means I can EDC it, and it's something at least. What do you think of the idea? Or are these too limited to bother with?
Casio: http://www.equipped.org/casio_gps.htm
Suunto: http://www.suuntowatches.com/x9.htm

Lastly, what GPS do you use (if any)? Do you like it?