Odd additions to the survival kit!

We all have kits and have a good idea what belongs in it. Being individuals we all have some unique additions to our own kits. What kind of things do you have in your. What is that one thing you carry that others will go "Gee I wish that I had thought of the that. I'm going out tomorrow and get one." The addition of it may mean the difference of coming back or not.

1. 2 to 3 feet of surgical rubber tubing. Maybe up to 6 feet.
a. Power band for slingshot, trap, etc.
b. Straw to draw water from solar still or seeps.
c. Used to blow air into a fire when starting. Gives a more concentrated stream of air there for
less blowing and you don't have to have your head on the ground or face in the fire.

2. A sling with practice a good game getter.

3. A Bolo again practice makes perfect.
To make it ultralight instead of using weights make draw string bags. Size the bags to hold the
desired amount of weight of dirt, stones, or even snow.
For carrying the bags and strings can all be placed in one pouch.

4. A pencil sharpener.
To make shaving for starting a fire. With a pencil sized stick a few twists you have an amazing pile of tinder faster than you can do it with a knife.
To put points on darts and arrows.

5. A headband is made to hold a maglite. I have found that it also fits a Photon Microlite.
Hands free use and LED longevity.

6. I have one of those collapsible magnetic pens. 7” that expands to 27” with a magnet that lifts
8 to 10 lbs. I replaced the clip with a small eye hook using J B Weld. This allows tying a cord to it
allowing it to be lowered to a metal object then to retrieve it.

7. I made lanyards for my belt tools. Using nylon cord and fishing snaps to make small lightweight
quick disconnects. The lanyards can be linked to use with # 6 above.

And always remember TANSTAAFL