I got tired of loading my pants pockets with all my goodies a long time ago. So now I wear a messenger bag full of stuff, and it works well. No one refers to it as a purse (of course, that may be because I am 6'6" tall and weigh 270 lbs). I got mine at:

http://www.everestbag.com

They are inexpensive, well built and suit my needs perfectly. I can't imagine going anywhere without it. It is a great place to keep my wallet, my ID badge for work, my meds, my PSK gear, a cell phone, a PDA, and even some of my common work tools. It is quite secure and fairly weatherproof, although not entirely waterproof. It is best worn slung across the body (like a bandolier) rather than just over one shoulder, which keeps it fairly secure, and I do not find it encumbering in the least as it wears in a natural manner. I have a couple others that are equipped for different needs. One is for my muzzleloading setup, the other for my elk hunting setup. I am going to get another for my fishing gear setup. At $12 to $16 a piece, it is too easy to just get one for each particular situation.