OK let me set up the seen. I am backpacking in to a remote fishing spot not a rough trip. Three hours in three hours out a nice weekend trip. Fall foliage changing the colors of the forest. Just beautiful, in the early evening hours we came upon two Bull Moose sparing. They made me a bit uncomfortable so we kept our distance. As the Sun was just about hidden we make camp. I set up the stove getting ready to start dinner, pulled out my Windmill windproof lighter from my PSK and click,,,, click,, click, click, click, nothing. My buddy pull out his;P.O.S. lighter and we where eating in minutes.

I was discussed with myself. I had in my PSK a magnesium fire starter and tinder. But my lighter failed. It was full of fluid and come to find out it won't work over 9,000 feet. We were around 10.

So I guess my post has two parts. One, if you have a windproof lighter except the Colibri Xtreme Lighter which tops out at 15,000 feet, your lighter is useless at 9,000 feet. Two, does any one know of a good small, small lighter for my PSK that will work to about 13,000 feet?