Doc, Ill be the first to admit my PSK first Aid supplies do not an ER make. In reallity it is simply a readily accessable unit to keep little things from putrefying into big things. My equine unit at the ranch gets an almost weekly utilization, yet some items lanquish until expiration ( and are promptly replenished.) So, heres my question. I am on a trail, have a standard first aid and CPR card recently renewed. I have one of the commercially prepared larger units reviewed by Doug. I come across a trauma victim, unconscious, with a medic alert bracelet describing any special needs. There is a G.P. 15 minutes down the trail and I have a handheld to summon a medivac. What do you, the G.P. arriving on scene want me to have in terms of supplies, holding to the maxim of "Do no harm" until your timely arrival? Theres also a fast moving weather front coming in, and I may very well be preparing a shelter for the night as you stabilise the victim. Id like to hear from our Physician in the fine city of Singapore also.

Edited by Chris Kavanaugh (04/08/02 09:14 PM)